This Study was conducted as a demonstration of the combined effects contact and pressure on thermal compound performance as well as a trouble shooting guide. The samples here included those who had a good result in thermal performance and included those who saw little or no improvement in performance.
The test procedure was as follows:
- IC Diamond thermal grease was compared to PC users previously installed paste and after ICD application.
- All users recorded temperatures at ambient then at full CPU load on all tests.
- The test participants then removed their heat sinks and installed Fuji Pre-Scale a contact/pressure(C/P) sensitive film from Sensor Products without any grease.
- Heat sinks were remounted with contact and pressure film as they would do normally.
- Heat sinks were then removed and the contact film was sent to Sensor Products for digital analysis.